Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 November 2013

THE DIAMOND

THE DIAMOND
 Dedicated to Chidimma

I was told' mango tree never drops an apple fruit,
That diamonds lay buried deep,
I guessed I wasn’t told the truth,
Or they never tried a lengthy peep.

Can I just say I’m a lucky man?
To have found a comely friend,
Where others see just another human,
In a world where refined friends hardly trend.

Never believed in miracle,
But that’s to tell I was a fool,
Until I saw a diamond shinning in a vehicle,
Snappishly dressed with a shoe.

It took a thunderous heart beat to say hi.
Be assured I’m not a hungry child,
Who is always after the tasty pie,
But I’ll hold on even in a stormy tide.



None of the content of this blog is to be used without proper permission and credits. Email Uchenna HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment